Sherburne County is in the process of updating the Local Water Management Plan, a document that identies priorities and concerns regarding our water resources as well as a plan for protecting and restoring these waters. We would like to oer the opportunity for your photography work to be highlighted on the cover of this plan. Photos will be presented anonymously to the Sherburne County Water Plan Advisory Committee at their summer meeting, where they then will be voted upon.
1. Submissions will be accepted from the publishing of this notice until 4:30pm on July 15th, 2017.
2. Limit of two photos per person.
3. All photos must originate from within Sherburne County.
4. Photographs will be judged and voted upon with consideration of originality, composition quality, impact and subject matter relevance to Sherburne County water resources. Feel free to be creative with your entry!
5. Photographs may be accompanied with a short title or description of the image.
6. Sherburne SWCD reserves the rights to use the winning entry within the 2018 update of the Local Water Plan and associated marketing materials (online and in print). The author will be noted and will retain moral rights as well as the intellectual property of the image.
7. We do not accept digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos. Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents, are acceptable.
8. You retain your rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest, you grant the Sherburne Soil and Water Conservation District a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any Sherburne SWCD purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the SWCD Services. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible.
9. There are no monetary prizes, but you and your image will receive public recognition on the cover of the Sherburne County Water Plan and various media platforms.
10. Entries may be submitted to Dan Cibulka in digital format (.jpg) with a file size between 1MBand 5MB at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Dan with any questions at 763-567-5369.